Dr. Albert M. Stush, Jr., is dedicated to providing excellence in patient care while addressing the individual needs of every patient. Meticulous attention to detail, in every aspect of your care, is his hallmark.
Dr. Stush maintains his private practice of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics for children and adults in Lewisburg. He is on staff as an attending orthodontist, teaching in the Pediatric Dentistry Residency at the Geisinger Medical Center in the Department of Dental Medicine and Surgery.
- Graduated Maxima Cum Laude from King’s College in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., with a B.S. degree in Biology.
- Attended the Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine where he graduated first in his class with a Doctor of Dental Medicine Degree. At graduation he was chosen to receive five awards for clinical excellence and scholarship.
- Elected to membership in Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the National Dental Honor Society and the Matthew Cryer Honor Society.
Service to Our Country
- Following graduation from dental school, Dr. Stush volunteered for military service in the United States Air Force Dental Corps.
- During his service, he was selected for an Air Force Institute of Technology Scholarship and attend the prestigious University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he earned a Master’s Degree in Orthodontics.
- After completing his orthodontic training, he was stationed at Hellenikon Air Base, Athens, Greece, where he was the Eastern Mediterranean Orthodontic Consultant for the United States Air Forces in Europe.
- Following this tour of duty, he was assigned to Langley Air Force Base, Virginia, where he was the Orthodontic Consultant for the First Fighter Group, Tactical Air Command. He was honorably discharged from the USAF at the rank of Major.
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthodontics, holding memberships in the College of Diplomates of the American Board of Orthodontics.
- American Association of Orthodontists, Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists, Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists.
- American Dental Association, Pennsylvania Dental Society, Central Susquehanna Valley Dental Society.
- University Of North Carolina Alumni Association, Psi Omega Fraternity.
On a Personal Note
Dr. Stush resides in Mifflinburg with his wife Janet. They have two children, Alaina and Ryan, who have grown up “way too fast”. He and Janet are charter, volunteer leaders of Boy Scout Troop 525, St. George Church, Mifflinburg. If Dr. Stush is not in his office working with his patients, helping them have beautiful smiles, he is either spending time with his family, singing in church as a cantor, working on outdoor projects around his home and hiking the endless trails enjoying the natural beauty of the area.